Monday, October 16, 2017

FO: Colourwheel cowl

Wow, I knew I'd been busy, but I didn't realise it'd been almost a month since I last posted anything!

Work's been crazy busy since the end of September so it's all I can do to keep on top of the housework, which has left precious little "head space" for crafting. The only thing I've managed to finish is the colourwheel cowl.

DSCN2692

And a better picture of the cardigan with the woven inserts:

woven_cardigan

We've had to turn the heating off because something is leaking in the airing cupboard - leading to sodden carpet and water dripping down the garage wall (the garage is beneath the airing cupboard). Luckily we discovered it now when it's still quite mild, not later. One of the windows in the living room (the one we use as a "cat exit") has got some sort of problem with it, and can only be closed from the outside. I managed to stamp on my mobile phone and break it (so I can no longer hang up on calls, or check my calendar whilst on the 'phone), and on Friday (13th, natch!) I ended up with my car jammed on the fuel pump and had to have two chaps extricate me so I could carry on to work. Luckily a work mate is handy with cars and put it back together for me. I'm on another weight loss kick so the insomnia has started up again. Oh joy! Yup, it's been one of those months, and we're only halfway through!

On the positive side, plans are afoot to organise a machine knitting social soon - let's see if there's any interest!

Current mood: annoyed

No comments: