Monday, August 30, 2010

Experiments with double-bed jacquard

I created a DBJ cheat sheet based on a handout I used to have, not sure who did it originally. I've added two of my own versions - reversible and vertical lined backing. These were all done on the SK840/SRP60N, so I cannot produce the reversible version, as Silver machines do not pre-select for the next row. There are some pictures of a previous experiment with reversible backing here and here.

Two-row backing

2row_front
Front

2row_back
Back

Two-row backing tends to elongate the pattern somewhat, so you might have to adjust your pattern to compensate.

One-row backing

1row_front
Front

1row_back
Back

Plain backing

plain_front
Front

plain_back
Back

Bird's eye backing

birdseye_front
Front

birdseye_back
Back

Vertical striped backing

vertical_front
Front - went a bit wrong and dropped some stitches

vertical_back
Back

No comments: